Friday, April 6, 2012

Chow Mein Noodle Bird's Nest

During Spring Break, we decided to make a little Spring/Easter treat. 
I had all of the things on hand to make Bird's Nests.
You need:
1 Bag Large Marshmallows
1 12 oz Bag of Dry Chow Mein Noodles
3 Tbsp. Butter
and candy to fill the nests with (We used Whoppers Mini Robin Eggs)
Over low heat melt the marshmallows and butter in a large saucepan.
Once melted, stir in the chow mein noodles.
Coat your hands (I coated my kids' hands) with Pam.  We sprayed every one's hands twice.
Grab a clump of noodles and form into a nest shape.
Place nests on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper to cool.
 Fill with the candy of your choice.
This was a fun recipe to make with my kids, I let them do all the sticky parts!  
And even if they don't turn out pretty, they still taste good!
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment