Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chore Chart

It took us a few tries to find a chore chart that worked for our family.  
We finally settled on this method and it works great for us.  
Each kid has a large hook under their name, when they do a chore during the week, they put the corresponding tag on their hook.
By the end of the week all of the chores need to be completed and the tag put on one of their hooks.
It works out great because nobody has to do the same chores from week to week and everyone has a choice of how hard a job they want to do that day depending on homework and after school activities.
I made this out of a spare piece of MDF that we had.  I painted it white and screwed in the hooks.
I found the tags with holes already punched in them at a local craft store, but they would be easy to make with some card stock and a hole punch.
This method also works great because the chores can be changed easily by adding or taking away one of the tags.
I give the kids a set amount of chore money each week.  Half they can keep and the other half goes into savings.  But, it would be very easy to assign a dollar amount to each specific chore.  Then your kids could be paid more for the harder chores and less for the easy ones.
It also works out well for our family to give them chore money.  They now know that they have to save up for any toys or games that they want to buy.
This works great for us.
What chore chart do you use?

4 comments:

  1. I am always searching for a good way to organize the chores so my kids can be more involved. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you share your creative posts at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, I am always changing my chore system! Saw you on linky party and now gfc following you, would love it if you popped by my blog, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wonderful post totally rocked the blog party's success! Thanks for linking up at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete