Friday, July 8, 2011

Littlest Pet Shop Storage

My daughter LOVED Littlest Pet Shop a few years ago. She was starting to collect A LOT of them. We were trying to find a cute way to keep them organized.
I stocked up on these floss/bead organizers on sale at Joann Fabrics for about $1.50.
I then cut the lids off them as close the the top as I could get.
I stuck poster strips on the back of the organizers (with the top of the strip showing, so we can always remove them if we want) and stacked them on the side of a shelf in her closet. I left room above and below so that we could add on with new boxes as her collection grew.
Each little space is just the perfect size for one Littlest Pet Shop.
The organizers have one larger space per box, which is great for the taller animals like the giraffe or ostrich.
I even cut out papers the size of the boxes and taped them in after she had drawn pictures of each animal and named them. Now, she knows which ones have been taken out and can put each one back in their "home".
Now her collection is organized and displayed so cute!
Even though she is starting to outgrow them, it doesn't take up a lot of space, so we can keep around a cute memory of her childhood without taking space from the new preteen!
I linked up here and here!

7 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! What a GREAT idea! Now I'm wondering how I can use it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a SMART idea! Never would have thought to attach those bins to the wall like that, love it!

    Thanks so much for sharing, you inspired some ideas for me!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a creative for storing your collectibles and I'm sure you did not spend much. I bought the same organizers for son's legos. But you just gave me an idea for daughter's nail polish collection. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too awesome! My daughter has tons of those! And she loves to collect little things like that. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of the wooden shadow box I had as a kid. What a great, thrifty idea, and it looks so cute. Love putting the drawings in too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I was looking for something like this. Thanks for sharing and including a picture. Looks great and the drawings are a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete